Still no x64 modules?

Started by Gregg, June 04, 2010, 04:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg

Should I remove the empty section on the d/l page?

mario

Nope,
I promise to build x64 module  :P

Gregg

I promise to work on that mod_perl info too.
I feel I need to do so on different Perl versions to compare results as well.
It may be more in depth. You using 5.10.x?

mario

No I use Active Perl 5.12.0 x64

Hey there are some x64 modules on the downloadpage now.  ;)

Gregg

Good, then we have all in use Perl versions covered since I have 5.8 and 5.10.

I took the liberty of changing your x64 module announce from "two modules" to 5 since I see five there now. 

Interestingly, the first one to be downloaded is the one you have been sitting on now for months, or so it feels anyway, mod_bw  ;)

mario

I guess there will be more win64 modules for apache soon on the download page. :-)

Gregg

Well, I got mod_antiloris and mod_security up. Your sitting on mod_sed & mod_log_rotate I think, are you going to upload to mirrors and add to download page?

I'm finishing up & testing the mod_perl installer this week. Due to mod_perl being perl version dependent, and not working without noise in ScriptLog/ErrorLog if versions do not match, and that there are three versions of ActivePerl currently in use (per 2010 user survey), I've had to create  binaries for each version of Activeperl and have the installer determine the right version to match what's on the server.

There's also a bizarre bug in the installer that shows up when passing a file path to a function. It does not show up every time when passing a file path to this function so it's was a real head-scratcher last night.  Since I have not figured it out I will be introducing a work around tonight to get it doing as it should be doing. So Mario, expect to be testing it this weekend on an x86 box.

I'll work on compiling the three different mod_perl versions in x64 once the installer is completed.

mario

Mod_log_rotate and mod_sed are now online in win64 :-)

Something interessting that is not in the online documentation

You can specify a strftime() format string as the log file name.

CustomLog logs/%Y%m%d-%H%M%S.access.log common

Bad is that mod_log_rotate can't handle the error log :-/

Gregg

It would be nice if it did, but guess the normal logrotate coulb be used for just the error log.

mwb

Quote from: Gregg on June 07, 2010, 09:33:37 AM
I promise to work on that mod_perl info too.
I feel I need to do so on different Perl versions to compare results as well.
It may be more in depth. You using 5.10.x?

I'm interested in running mod_perl on win32. I think you did not get to complete the mod_perl modules?

let me know if you ran into issues.

Gregg

Yes, I had gotten it built for Apache 2.2, was working on an install script but didn't finish. By now, the latest perl is 5.16, not sure if it will build against it and it seems still not ready for building for Apache 2.4.

mwb

Quote from: Gregg on February 02, 2013, 01:57:17 AM
Yes, I had gotten it built for Apache 2.2, was working on an install script but didn't finish. By now, the latest perl is 5.16, not sure if it will build against it and it seems still not ready for building for Apache 2.4.

All I can say is on *nix platforms mod_perl builts well against 5.16, although mod_perl also is on version 2.0.7 now.
With regards to 2.4, no, I think it is not ready yet, although the Fedora project has Apache 2.4 and mod_perl in F18 now. I'm not sure how they pulled this off.