mod_security 2.7.0 for Apache 2.2.x & 2.4 Released

Started by Gregg, October 17, 2012, 02:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg

Announcing the long awaited release of mod_security 2.7.0 for Apache 2.2 and 2.4. This is a new version release. See the included CHANGES file for full information on the changes between 2.6.x & 2.7.0

Binaries as always are available on our Download Page

chromerep

gregg:

Thanks you for keeping to provide modsecurity for win.I am so poor at compiling this module.
Though,AL gives up to compile modsecurity module. :) I think modsecurity just like mysql,it becomes a part of commercial product but open to public free use.

Quote from: Gregg on October 17, 2012, 02:18:37 AM
Announcing the long awaited release of mod_security 2.7.0 for Apache 2.2 and 2.4. This is a new version release. See the included CHANGES file for full information on the changes between 2.6.x & 2.7.0

Gregg

Cromerep,

You are welcome!

Like I mentioned on the post over at Apache Lounge, it's always been part of a commercial product as long as I've known about the module which is a very long time. When it was at Breach  Security, they sold mod_security hardware appliances for big $$$. Now that it is Trustwave Holdings, I cannot find those, or much specifics without contacting them. I do see that Trustwave is into more than just mod_security.

I personally have no problem with a company making some money to cover costs and pay people to work on things and keep them moving forward. As long as what was once free open source software remains open source and free to use without any ugly licenses, who am I to argue. mod_security used to be licensed under GNU and now is under the Apache Software License, just like Apache itself. That is just fine with me, I even like the ASL 2.0 better than any of the others.

I see they finally updated the modsecurity.org website.

I might also add that those who migrate here from Apache Lounge for mod_security might just want to give our Apache Binaries a try too.

chromerep

Gregg,
I agree with what you say.The other side,since it's a cmmercial product,it will keep good quality always than other fully open source applications,maybe.That is benefit for all of us,ins't it?
I migrate from AL,since they can't provide the modsecurity win64 module because of their personal thought.Maybe they can consider charge with who downloads or posts from their forum to cover their efforts?Maybe this is what they want? ;)