World IPv6 Day

Started by Gregg, June 03, 2012, 06:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg

http://www.worldipv6day.org/
QuoteMajor ISPs, home networking equipment manufacturers, and web companies around the world are coming together to permanently enable IPv6 for their products and services by 6 June 2012

We are not an official participating website, however we've been reachable via IPv6 for some time now. It's been and continues to be a great test of the IPv6 capability of the Apache server.

For those of you that use Firefox and have ISPs that have already rolled out IPv6, there is the SixOrNot add-on that will show you whether you are reaching a website via IPv6 or IPv4. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/sixornot/

I recently found out my ISP has enabled (or what I read sounded that way) IPv6, I of course need to look into it further and see what new equipment I'll need to be able to move into the new century myself. I use IPv6 internally but cannot get anything outside via IPv6  :(

Just thought I'd let everyone know about this.

Sob

Are you sure about AH's IPv6 reachability? It worked previously, but now I get no IPv6 for www.apachehaus.com. AAAA record is only present for apachehaus.com and there it works. But www.apachehaus.com is CNAME pointing to finetworks.dyndns.org and it has only A record.

Gregg

Yeah, that was how it was. I yesterday added an AAAA for www to the same IPv6 the apachehaus.com was pointing to but so far it seems to not be in effect.

Gregg

Things have been straightened out and it should work soon if not already

Sob

Confirmed.

Edit: Just one thing, I see my IPv4 address in my previous post, but I don't see my IPv6 address in this post. Bug or feature?

Gregg

Sob

I mean in bottom right corner of each post, next to "Report to moderator" link. There's "Logged" in other's posts, my address in my posts over IPv4, but nothing in my posts over IPv6. It's no show stopper of course. :)

Gregg

I assume it's the forum software's fault.
I should have been clearer, the ??? was meant to signify "I don't don't have a clue"  :)

mario

Now the forum does support that  ;) Before it didn't liked the : in the IP. Feel free to come with IPv6 to this forum  :D