Mod_security 2.6.4 for Apache 2.2.x & 2.4.1 released

Started by Gregg, March 10, 2012, 02:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg

DnvrSysEngr

Gregg:

Will you be building Mod_Security 2.6.4 with Visual C++ 2010?

- S

Gregg

I will have to build all of it's dependencies first, which I have started on. I also need to make some decisions as well, but I think I have come to my conclusion on those. (which versions of which for which versions of Apache).

I am also thinking on the lines of no longer including the PCRE DLL on the builds for 2.2.x. PCRE is built into Apache 2.2.x (linked static lib), so some of it's inside the libhttpd.dll in Apache already. Since we use the latest PCRE in Apache 2.2.x at time of compile (not the old 5.0.x version included with the Apache source), there should be no reason to build and distribute mod_security with a separate PCRE DLL on 2.2.x. It's already a DLL in 2.4 so nothing would change there.

Gregg

Quote from: Gregg on March 12, 2012, 11:40:43 PMI am also thinking on the lines of no longer including the PCRE DLL on the builds for 2.2.x.

Well, so much for that idea, at least until there is a backport to 2.2 for building with PCRE 8.30 (already in 2.4.1 and proposed for 2.2.23). Hopefully come 2.2.23 it will be in place.

mod_security will also not build with LUA 5.2.0 yet, so it will have to be 5.1.5 .. bummer.

Gregg

DnvrSysEngr

Gregg:

Thank your for the VC10 build of Mod_Security 2.6.4.

One quick question:  Mod_Security does not not show up as an installed module in my Apache Monitor.  2.6.3 showed, but 2.6.4 does not.  Any idea as to why?
- S

Gregg

I did not add in

ap_add_version_component(mp, "mod_security2/" MODSEC_VERSION);

like I usually do.