2.2.12 finally .. maybe

Started by Gregg, July 17, 2009, 07:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg

Well, looks like 2.2.12 is intended to roll on Monday. I'm still unsure about it however. Seems latest APR on is crashing some Linux  kernels ... so I was figuring we were going to have to wait for that now. So I am now wondering which APR is going to be packaged. 1.3.4?

Regardless, I've been running builds off the SVN for a few weeks now with 1.3.6 so I think I will trash the APR that get's packaged if it is < 1.3.6 since I have strangely had 0 problems, not even a quirk, with this combo. Sometimes it scares me when things run too smooth.

On a side note .. slowloris seems to be a non-issue. I could swear I was getting attacked with it for about a 48 hour period shortly after it was public, since every time I went to my server it was not responding, not even over LAN or locally. I dropped timeouts way down and the problem seemed to end. I've since turned them back up just a tad as I noticed some minor quirks having them that low, but all seems good now.

Did anyone reading this run into anything similar? Share your stories.

Gregg

mario

Well I've seen on the APR mailing list that they fixed the Linux kernel 2.6.26 bug and want to make a svn tag 1.3.7 from HEAD.

mario

Ok, in SVN I can see the TAG http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/tags/1.3.7/
So I think it won't take long to final apache 2.2.12

Gregg

Yes it looks like APR 1.3.7 is going to make it, and since I've been using 2.2.12 for the past month I can say everything I tested or use works, seems to do it well and none of the added fixes of the past week have broken anything AFAIK or can tell.

mario

APR 1.3.7 is out. So lets wait for 2.2.12

I think the voting for 2.2.12 will be positiv

Gregg

So positive there was not a single negative vote.
So, the announcement is coming, servers at apache.org has been changed already so here we go