Started by Gregg, May 13, 2011, 10:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg

Well, so far 2.3.12 looks like it'll pass voting. I'm building the x86 one now, will do x64 later this weekend. Being this is 2.3, a beta and I think we are the only one offering ot, I see no need to rush.

I'm still bummed about losing mod_macro though, I should get some balls and contact the author. Last author I contacted about anything I got a far from pleasant reply back.

Gregg

Well, I do not know what exactly is stalling this release. As far as I can tell the required votes are there. I think however I will take the oportunity to build these again with a couple fixes of my own.

mod_watchdog:
There is a piece of Win specific debug code that causes a crash. It first started when the code got moved. I really did not see a reason to keep it in there. The code was moved back where it belonged and that seemed to do the trick. But going through my laundry list I started messing with this module again because it is required by mod_heartmonitor, which is on my laundry list. It's crashing Apache again. Not sure if it only happens on this laptop or not, will check that tomorrow but it's not needed and I am removing it for our release.

mod_heartmonitor:
This is and interesting one, if you do not load the slotmem_shm module, the module will fall back to file based storing of it's monitoring data. This is fine except they try and set unix permissions on these files. Well, apr_file_perms_set returns APR_ENOTIMPL and this stops Apache from starting. It doesn't crash, but still a no no. Bypassing the permissions setting In Win32 it works, and pollutes the logs folder with files (which unfortunately it does not clean up when you shutdown the server). I'm going to bypass the 2 calls to apr_file_perms_set. Just be warned, best way to use this module is loading the slotmem_shm modules or you'll be cleaning out your logs file often.

For anyone that may know, is there a hook that fires on shutdown? I do not think we'd want these destroyed on a gracefull, but at shutdown I would think so, though I may be wrong.

--- modules/core/mod_watchdog.c 2011-05-17 22:19:15.532600000 -0700
+++ modules/core/mod_watchdog.c 2011-05-17 22:19:34.594600000 -0700
@@ -444,19 +444,6 @@
         /* First time config phase -- skip. */
         return OK;

-#if defined(WIN32)
-    {
-        const char *ppid = getenv("AP_PARENT_PID");
-        if (ppid && *ppid) {
-            ap_log_error(APLOG_MARK, APLOG_DEBUG, 0, s,
-                "[%" APR_PID_T_FMT " - %s] "
-                "child second stage post config hook",
-                getpid(), ppid);
-            return OK;
-        }
-    }
-#endif
-
     apr_pool_userdata_get((void *)&wd_server_conf, pk, pproc);
     if (!wd_server_conf) {
         if (!(wd_server_conf = apr_pcalloc(pproc, sizeof(wd_server_conf_t))))

--- modules/cluster/mod_heartmonitor.c 2011-05-17 12:12:46.980800000 -0700
+++ modules/cluster/mod_heartmonitor.c 2011-05-17 12:23:23.433600000 -0700
@@ -362,6 +362,7 @@
       return rv;
     }

+#ifndef WIN32
     rv = apr_file_perms_set(path,
                             APR_FPROT_UREAD | APR_FPROT_GREAD |
                             APR_FPROT_WREAD);
@@ -371,6 +372,7 @@
                      path);
         return rv;
     }
+#endif

rv = apr_file_rename(path, ctx->storage_path, pool);

@@ -441,6 +443,7 @@
       return rv;
     }

+#ifndef WIN32
     rv = apr_file_perms_set(path,
                             APR_FPROT_UREAD | APR_FPROT_GREAD |
                             APR_FPROT_WREAD);
@@ -450,6 +453,7 @@
                      path);
         return rv;
     }
+#endif

rv = apr_file_rename(path, ctx->storage_path, p);

mario

Quote from: Gregg on May 18, 2011, 07:28:26 AM
For anyone that may know, is there a hook that fires on shutdown? I do not think we'd want these destroyed on a gracefull, but at shutdown I would think so, though I may be wrong.

Well it may makes sense with the loadable MPMs under *nix. There I also noticed that even a graceful restart is different to 2.2. The Parent Server Generation number stays at 0 and nerver increases. Or it just forgotton debug code like with apr 1.4.4  ;)

Gregg

Funny, Jim is the one always pushing for GA, but it is some of his stuff that is really giving me a headache.
watchdog I believe is Mladen's, heartmonitor is Sander Striker, Justin
Erenkrantz, and Paul Querna's.

The slotmem modules are Jim's, the proxy_balancer was redone by Jim to use the slotmem_shm.

Was playing with proxy balancer today, everything seems fine for the first vhost worker, after that it goes to pot.

[Wed May 18 12:59:51.223600 2011] [proxy_balancer:debug] [pid 300:tid 868] mod_proxy_balancer.c(726): Doing balancers create: 216, 1
[Wed May 18 12:59:51.250600 2011] [proxy_balancer:debug] [pid 300:tid 868] mod_proxy_balancer.c(787): Doing workers create: balancer://mycluster (sb2043fce_mycluster), 480, 1
[Wed May 18 12:59:51.277600 2011] [proxy_balancer:debug] [pid 300:tid 868] mod_proxy_balancer.c(726): Doing balancers create: 216, 1
[Wed May 18 12:59:51.278600 2011] [proxy_balancer:emerg] [pid 300:tid 868] (22)Invalid argument: balancer slotmem_grab failed

Gregg

What is holding it up?
http://marc.info/?l=apache-httpd-dev&m=130582554121214&w=2

And to think I just rebuilt it with one of the fixes, and the httpd.exe.### cruft fix.

DnvrSysEngr

I see that 2.3.12 for the Unix platform is available from Apache.  Any idea when on the Windows platform will get it?

Enjoy the long weekend everyone.

- S

Gregg

It's been a crazy week on the home front so I have not been around much.  So, how about 6pm Pacific?

mario

I use only SSL on my server. There is only a Listen 443. But I get a strange warning in the log. Any clue what cuases the error?

[ssl:warn] [pid 1656:tid 456] Init: (sudomain.example.com:443) You configured HTTP(80) on the standard HTTPS(443) port!

From my config

ServerName sudomain.example.com:443

Listen 443
<VirtualHost *:443>
SSLEngine on
ServerName sudomain.example.com:443

SSLCertificateFile "/server2/apache23/conf/home/ssl.crt"
SSLCertificateKeyFile "/server2/apache23/conf/home/ssl.key"
SSLCertificateChainFile "/server2/apache23/conf/home/sub.class1.server.ca.pem"
SSLCACertificateFile "/server2/apache23/conf/home/ca.pem"

SSLCipherSuite ALL:!aNULL:!ADH:!eNULL:!LOW:!EXP:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM
SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown

SetOutputFilter DEFLATE
DeflateCompressionLevel 9

DocumentRoot "/server2/www"

<Files ~"\.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php|htm|html?)$>
        SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
    </Files>

</virtualhost>

DnvrSysEngr

Mario:

My install of 2.3.12 with SSL is doing the same thing.  Had me digging through .conf files too trying to figure out what was going on.