uc2 to utf-8 conversion error

Started by Gregg, September 17, 2011, 12:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg

Only those using mod_geoip are probably familiar with this one, it happens when mod_geoip gives a region that has some of the extended characters in it. I tried posting an example but the forum wouldn't accept it. It is not a bug in the module but in Apache. I have a fix for it, requires a libhttpd.dll change is all.

If you would like it, sound off! Our binaries now say "unmodified" Apache & OpenSSL sources, that will remain. But  I'm not against providing a fixed DLL separate of our normal binary packages. I was hoping it would make 2.2.21 but it did not.

Said fix is already in 2.3.14. On a side note, expect a 2.3.15 soon to deal with the killapache range DOS quagmire, till then you're only hope is to use the mod_rangecnt I have linked to in here somewhere. If 2.3.15 is not in the next week I may break policy and post up a dev version, like the one I've started using today. It's important enough in my opinion.

mario

You might post your example at pastebin.

A separate package would be nice. I'm pretty happy,too that the IPv6 is now into apache on Windows.

Gregg

The example was for Koln, DE, the "o" having the two dots above it.

mario

Quote from: Gregg on September 18, 2011, 01:00:01 AM
The example was for Koln, DE, the "o" having the two dots above it.

Next time I come to you, shall I bring a german keyboard as a present?

Gregg

Oh please no, I can barely this one  :D