Cleanup source tree after building

Started by mario, March 19, 2011, 08:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mario

Today I searched my source tree (C:\build) for *.pdb files. result: 3721 files found. Size: 965 MB. Clean the mess up saves space!

Gregg

yeah, they add up fast! Now get about 14 sets of sources in each of 4 seperate build folders ... I';m having to clean big time lol

mario

I noticed that InstallBin does not build if there isn't pcre.pdb  :o

Gregg

It builds just fine, but when it goes to copy files it fails if there is no pdb. I'm building in-tree (no CMake), and get a pdb so no worries.

I've done quite a bit of modification to the build notes, patch and cvtdsp64.pl, over the past week getting 2.3.14 going. I need to build test cvtdsp64 but running it and looking over the dsp files after the convert it looks good. This should rid the BaseAddr.ref warnings. I think that is a bug in the VC9 IDE because I do not remember getting them doing a command line x64 build, and I do not get them doing an x86 IDE build. Think I'll give it a test build now.

Edit:

cvtdsp64 is still trying to convert my dftables.dsp file, which is is not supposed to because it already has x64 build targets in it. I know I fixed this, but back to the drawing board. Not a single BaseAddr.ref warning and it runs, so all is looking good except for the dftables conversion.