More fun with Beta software

Started by Gregg, March 24, 2011, 07:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg

With the slotmem additions I've been testing. It was looking like slotmem_plain wasn't registering it's provider. It did mot satisfy mod_proxy_balancer, but it's right there in register_hooks of the module. Now I could have sworn when I made the projects for the module, proxy_balancer workrd with slotmem_plain or slotmem_shm. This is not the case however cause the plainmem provider is not even looked for as a choice. 

While figuring out this problem I noticed the mod_heartmonitor also uses slotmem and same as proxy_balancer, it does not look for the plainmem as a provider either. Now, mod_watchdog is a requirement of mod_heartmonitor, the problem becomes mod_watchdog crashes but that's another story.

mod_heartmonitor can also use tempfiles instead of slotmem. Using this option on Windows fails because the module cannot set file permissions on Windows ... duh. Removing the calls to set permissions in Window and it works and you can see the temp files in the logs directory. Then the problem is, it doesn't clean them out on shutdown and it males a lot of them.

Now mod_watchdog, there is a if defined(WIN32) around a test and debug log output, I'm assuming it's from the author or someone putting in a logger so they could see what was going on. It sits in a place where returning OK causes a crash. If moved, or better removed (since I see  no reason for it), the module seems to work fine.

mario

I found some time to upgrade my dev server at work. And I got a brand new errormessage:
NameVirtualHost has no effect and will be removed in the next release C:/Apache2
3/conf/vhosts.conf:1

mario

There is also a strange issue with fcgid

[Fri Apr 01 13:21:17.208750 2011] [:warn] [pid 4040:tid 2500] (OS 109)Die Pipe wurde beendet.  : [client 127.0.0.1:1340] mod_fcgid: get overlap result error
[Fri Apr 01 13:21:17.208750 2011] [core:error] [pid 4040:tid 2500] [client 127.0.0.1:1340] Premature end of script headers: test.php

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/2096/runtimeerror.png

I also upgraded PHP to 5.3.6 from 5.3.5 so I'm not sure if it related to that, but I don't think so.... I trial ;)

mario

nevermind the fcgid issue. Some kinda how it doesn't work with VC9 PHP builds over fcgid on this XP machine. Wonder oh wonder I can run VC9 PHP from the command line, but it doesn't work together with apache. I tried in my vmware XP there is works... so I think it is what ever within this company version of XP.

Gregg

Quote from: mario on April 01, 2011, 01:03:59 PM
I found some time to upgrade my dev server at work. And I got a brand new errormessage:
NameVirtualHost has no effect and will be removed in the next release C:/Apache2
3/conf/vhosts.conf:1

Yeah, this has been around since about 1/2 way between 2.3.10 & 2.3.11. Easy enough to remove, comment it out.
There's a stupid litlle commit to push, removing that from  the vhost conf template .. if it hasn't been already but I do not think it has.

mario

it is already removed (r 1059054). I only updated the binaries ;) So that is also a way to see new "features"