The Apache Haus Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Apache Haus Distribution Forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding a new trick to an old dog  (Read 12647 times)

Gregg

• Administrator
  • Member Elite
Re: Adding a new trick to an old dog
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 07:29:26 PM »

@Dev,

Yes, I know why it's happening, the only thing I've done recently is fix the 5xx seconds. I should do, and most likely will do something about the rest of it this weekend.

@Sob, I compiled 1.4.7b9 a couple weeks ago, it was somewhat a nightmare. That first array declaration in geoipcity.c I think really made the compiler scream. For some reason it just refuses to add THAT_CONST to 4, but since that const = 6, temp_array[10] worked fine. The rest was easy.

Hmmm, so there's more there, then the region file should have more. The timezone requires country + region name to work or it spills out the (none), which is what DateTime in perl barfs on. I cannot understand why the author of it chose die if it's not correct, either return nothing or a warning, anything but die.

Gregg

• Administrator
  • Member Elite
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2011, 08:08:20 PM »

Interestingly, this is not the case.

They ripped 13k worth out of regionName but added 32k to timeZone, this might be interesting to try.

Sob

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 08:50:42 PM »

That first array declaration in geoipcity.c I think really made the compiler scream.

I'm no expert, but it seems that C does not like const as array size. C++ has no objections against it. But adding /TP parameter to cl.exe (to force C++ mode) produce errors in other files (headers) that probably don't like to be compiled as C++.
I'm not sure how it's with other compilers (GeoIP is clearly not developed primarily using MSVC :) ). This kind of declaration may even be "variable length array", the new feature of C99 standard. And don't look for those in MSVC. :(

Seeriolojen

Adding a new trick to an old dog
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2011, 06:29:40 PM »

Hey guys

Say I have a number in the database e.g. 5

I have a variable in PHP thats 4.. I want to add that to the 5 in the database and make it 9...

Ratehr than getting the current number in the database, handling it with PHP, then putting the new one in..

Is there a way?

Thanks in advance

crE
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13