Apache 2.0.64

Started by Gregg, October 19, 2010, 08:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg

For those of you that may still be using 2.0.63 and check here for SSL updates, you may be wondering where it went. I took it off now that Apache Software Foundation has released Apache 2.0.64. It comes with the latest of everything and has many security related fixes. I'd suggest anyone running 2.0.63 to upgrade ASAP.

Download it from httpd.apache.org

Gregg

Forgot to mention that there is talk of ending all support for 2.0.x. Honestly, unless you have some specific proprietary module that there is no build for 2.2.x, you should move up to 2.2. In many cases you will be able to simply drop in your existing config. I would suggest doing it from fresh (with the exception of your vhost configs). One nice thing about 2.2 is the way the config has been split into multiple files. I takes a couple times through them all before you'll start remembering what is where, but vhosts reside in their own file making it easier to scroll through your config.

Funny thing is, back 12 years ago for the first 4 releases of Apache 1.3, the files were split. Then someone had the no so bright idea (IMO) to throw it all together in one. I never bought into that and have always kept things somewhat apart as it used to be. Now it's even more refined.

If there is a module you cannot live without that's only for 2.0, let us know. Many 2.0 modules can be built against 2.2 as-is with no need for modification, of course, the source code for them must be available.

Tell us why you haven't upgraded. If you need a module from 2.0 built for 2.2 before you can move ahead, tell us which one. We will not promise that we can or will build it, but we may be able to.