Connecting to PostgreSQL: Can't load driver apr_dbd_pgsql.so

Started by saharsa, June 26, 2017, 07:28:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saharsa

I am trying to use the directive

DBDriver pgsql.

I am getting an error on this line stating - Can't load driver apr_dbd_pgsql.so.

Can anyone please tell how to resolve this?

Gregg

apr_dbd_pgsql.dll is not included basically because in almost 8 years nobody has requested it until now unlike mysql & sqlite3. The thought is why waste the time if no one uses it. As a matter of fact, you cannot get it in any Windows distribution today now that Apache.org doesn't supply binaries.

I'll look into it this evening. If I can get the source to build or get pre-built libraries I can build against and you can get it work,  I'm happy to add it to future 2.4 releases and will put one out on the side for 2.4.26.

You will have to test it however and report back if it works or not if you ever want to see it in future releases. What VC version and x86 or x64 are you using. I'll do one special for you to test first.

EDIT: I see your post at Apache Lounge and the "we do not support PostgreSQL" reply you received. I'm willing to try anyway.

saharsa

Sure, I'll test it out and report back.

I am currently using x64.

Let me know if you need any other information.

Thank you so much for the help!

Gregg

saharsa

Sorry, forgot to mention that. Visual C++ 14.1 (Visual C++ 2017).

Gregg

Gregg

I sent a message with a link. You probably know already cause this forum sends notifications by email ... but just in case

frDaniel

Hi!

I'm encountering the exact same problem :
DBDriver pgsql
DBDParams "xxxxx"

=> Can't load driver file apr_dbd_pgsql.so     

I'm using Apache (httpd-2.4.29-Win64-VC15) on a Windows 7 64bits.

Can you please help me ?

THANK YOU

Gregg

frDaniel

Hi!

Do you know where i can get these files : apr_dbd_pgsql.so / apr_dbd_pgsql.dll ?
I'm struggling with Visual Studio to compile Apache APR source but I get so many errors.

Thanks

Gregg

Quote from: frDaniel on January 03, 2018, 12:29:27 PM
Do you know where i can get these files : apr_dbd_pgsql.so / apr_dbd_pgsql.dll ?

Actually, no. I know of no Windows distro that includes this connector. At least nothing after 2.2.25.

I actually did hear back from the original poster it was just in my personal messages and they had no luck.
But I'll try again.

Gregg

OK, I got it to load so that hurdle is behind us.

The problem that saharsa had getting it to work was a dependency I did not find when looking at the dependency tree (libiconv-2.dll).

See My Messages in the menu above for the URL to the file.

frDaniel

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!

It works! ;D

Just placed your dll's in Apache/bin directory.

kimbo

Sorry to necro, this is the most relevant thread

Quote from: Gregg on January 04, 2018, 08:10:23 PMActually, no. I know of no Windows distro that includes this connector. At least nothing after 2.2.25.

Why not? It baffles me. Apache on windows offers only ODBC when everyone recommends not to use ODBC as its slower

???

mario

Quote from: kimbo on January 12, 2024, 08:42:41 PMWhy not? It baffles me. Apache on windows offers only ODBC when everyone recommends not to use ODBC as its slower

???

Because is are only a very few windows maintainers for windows. And those don't / didn't set their focus on PostgreSQL. Sadly I can't reach Gregg. He was the only one who was able to build it.