mod_rpaf

Started by Sob, September 11, 2010, 06:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dellama13

Good day all,

I am sorry to dredge up an old topic but this seems like the best choice for my situation. I need a solution to reveal the client remote_addr after proxy server has handed it back to apache and I think this may work. However, I downloaded the prebuilt modules and apache 2.2.22 will not start with it enabled. May I have some help with this? or a new build? I tried building it on my own machine but I am not a developer or really that smart.
Server 2008 R2 Enterprise(X64), Apache 2.2.22 w/ openssl .98. I greatly would appreciate any assistance and thank you!

mario

it might be the issue that you use apache from apache.org and try to load the module from our page?
Since we use a newer compiler than apache.org modules from use won't load into apache from apache.org

dellama13

That could be, I suppose I am a bit SOL then? I will try to build on a linux machine that has apache, perhaps that will be a proof enough concept to switch over.

mario

Nope, you can just download apache from our page and use the module. Easier than building it yourself.
You can use your existing config. just replace the binaries.

dellama13

Spiffy, Thank you Mario. That did work.

Is it possible to force mod_rpaf or apache to only use ipv4 and not ipv6? I just hosed our application :)

mario

mod_rpaf can't do that. But apache can. Change the Listen 80 to __YOUR_IPv4__:80 than the client has to connect via IPv4 (AFAIK).