Forum Topics > Apache 64 bit

SubVersion modules for x64

<< < (2/13) > >>

mario:
OK, -t vcproj --vsnet-version=2008 was the hint I needed  :) I gonna try that modules this night when I'm home.

Sob:
Zlib 1.2.5 removed inffast.obj from linker input in default (non-ASM) build and it fails with unresolved external symbol inflate_fast. It works with:

--- Code: ---nmake -f win32/Makefile.msc OBJA=inffast.obj
--- End code ---
For x64 ASM build there's whole new command line (written conveniently only at the top of Makefile.msc; but if you're wondering why the @#$%! thing doesn't compile, you'll look there sooner or later ;) ). And it almost works, you just need to fix one name (inffas8664.c should be inffas8664.obj) and then either move inffas8664.c to source root and change the path in Makefile.msc OR leave it where it is and prepend "../../" to includes OR the best solution I tried now, use this command line:

--- Code: ---nmake -f win32/Makefile.msc AS=ml64 LOC="-DASMV -DASMINF -I." OBJA="inffasx64.obj gvmat64.obj inffas8664.obj"
--- End code ---

build_zlib.bat is generated by SubVersion's gen-make.py and it was either not tested with zlib 1.2.5 and/or x64 build, so it just needs a little adjusting to use proper parameters to nmake.

Gregg> Yep, I'm that Sob. But really, those three lines of actual code are nothing. :)

Gregg:
It's not the # of lines, you obviously took some time tracking down why the problem existed and where the best place to fix it was. For that, you get the thanks!  :)

Gregg:

--- Quote from: Sob on August 31, 2010, 07:19:02 PM ---
--- Code: ---nmake -f win32/Makefile.msc AS=ml64 LOC="-DASMV -DASMINF -I." OBJA="inffasx64.obj gvmat64.obj inffas8664.obj"
--- End code ---

--- End quote ---

Awesome, worked perfect.

mario:

--- Quote from: Sob on August 31, 2010, 04:40:38 PM ---
Second problem: there will be a lot of unresolved external symbols. I added following include paths and input files for linker:

--- End quote ---

I didn't have to do that. Cause I downloaded subversion-1.6.12.tar.bz2 and subversion-deps-1.6.12.tar.bz2 which also includes neon. But I used the already compiled OSSL and zlib from the apache source tree. Also the OSSL in the apache source tree is much newer than the one from the deps archive.

What a pitty that I forgot my laptop at work with the compiled binaries, so I can't test my build right now.   :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 
Go to full version