How to find older file version?

Started by bartddgd, November 23, 2015, 12:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bartddgd

Hi,

is there a way to list / download all available older Apache / modules versions?
I need to setup Apache-2.4 x86 VC9 + Subversion modules on Win2k3, but cannot find a Subversion module package for VC9.

Best regards,
Bernd

mario

Hello Bernd,

even the extended support for Windows 2003 ended on 14.07.2015

I made the 1.8.11 available again for VC9. There will be no further updates with VC9 nor a 1.9.x or higher version.

Unless you used a proxy: Grüße nach Berlin

Cheers
Mario

bartddgd

Thanks a lot! I know Win2k3 is no longer supported, but sometimes we have to live with what's available and no one provides support / resources to upgrade to a more modern system.

But, is there really no easy way to get a full listing of all the older Apache / module releases or do they get removed when a new version gets released?

Best regards,
Bernd

mario

Quote from: bartddgd on November 24, 2015, 09:37:38 AM
But, is there really no easy way to get a full listing of all the older Apache / module releases or do they get removed when a new version gets released?

Usually we disable the downloads in our database when a new version is released. Currently there is no switch to view all the old files. If you need an older version we can give you a redirect download link. However the old version have bugs or security breaches. All the other VC9 modules are still there. mod subversion is a bit different, since there is a need to compile it against so many libs especially OpenSSL. So it will not run with all the versions of OpenSSL. Also if the magic number in the apache code is higher than the modules magic number the module won't load into apache.

Here at ApacheHaus we often discussed going back to VC6 which runs on all Windows Versions from Win9x. The new 1.9.x versions of is incompatible to the VC6 tool chain. I had no luck compiling it with it. A second reason is that I do this in my spare time and I have no fun maintain different Windows versions with different Visual Studio versions. When ever I start the "old" Windows 7 with VC9 it takes a long time to do the Windows Updates, several reboots and then Update to the last version of VC9. On that point I need a second evening for the build... Now with one Windows Version and VC11 it takes one hour to build the stuff. Then testing on different VMs and uploading.

if you are willing to I show you how to compile mod svn on your own. But be warned, first you need a full build tree of apache itself to compile against. I'm happy that Gregg offers that for me. So we share the work.

bartddgd

Thanks for your explanations. I was just curious. For the moment I have everything I need and the Apache / Subversion server is already running.

Best regards,
Bernd

Gregg

So then mod_svn 1.8.11 is linked to OpenSSL 1.0.1?

mario

Quote from: Gregg on November 24, 2015, 07:40:47 PM
So then mod_svn 1.8.11 is linked to OpenSSL 1.0.1?

the module (*.so) not. But all the included tools are linked to OpenSSL 1.0.1l

The big but is that some of the dlls are linked. And the module requires these dlls like the command line tools. If I would build it without the command line tools it might look different. The build order is a nightmare since it requires to build zlib and openssl first.

Gregg

Nightmare eh, you should try a full 2.4 release sometime ;D
Good thing is, OSSL 0.9.8 goes EOL in what, 37 days. 4 builds and 4 packages less. Hurray!

I should learn how to build this, I want to use it myself but I wasn't able to get it working last time I tried (years ago) and at that time I didn't find it important enough to care to fight through it.

mario

Quote from: Gregg on November 24, 2015, 10:52:54 PM
I should learn how to build this, I want to use it myself but I wasn't able to get it working last time I tried (years ago) and at that time I didn't find it important enough to care to fight through it.

I can send you my recipe  ;)

Wilbor

Quote from: mario on November 25, 2015, 11:10:08 PM
I can send you my Testogen review to read.

Can you send it to me? Or post it here? That would be cool.  8)

Fouredicus

Quote from: Gregg on November 24, 2015, 10:52:54 PM
Nightmare eh, you should try a full 2.4 release sometime ;D
Good thing is, OSSL 0.9.8 goes EOL in what, 37 days. 4 builds and 4 packages less. Hurray!

I would support you on that! Nothing beats learning it yourself. It would be an added skill and you can make use of it in the future.

mario

Quote from: Wilbor on February 20, 2016, 10:20:16 AM
Can you send it to me? Or post it here? That would be cool.  8)
I have missed that, else I would have answered much earlier.

Here is the link
https://gist.github.com/JBlond/04af060522afad7086b18251b84ccce4
The VC9 instructions are at the very end of the second file.

if there a still questions let me know.

warnie

Quote from: Fouredicus on August 15, 2016, 07:04:36 PM
I would support you on that! Nothing beats learning it yourself. It would be an added skill and you can make use of it in the future.

So true, I am getting into it as well. It's nice to have an extra skill.

exege

Quote from: mario on November 24, 2015, 12:29:23 PM
Usually we disable the downloads in our database when a new version is released. Currently there is no switch to view all the old files. If you need an older version we can give you a redirect download link. However the old version have bugs or security breaches. All the other VC9 modules are still there. mod subversion is a bit different, since there is a need to compile it against so many libs especially OpenSSL. So it will not run with all the versions of OpenSSL. Also if the magic number in the apache code is higher than the modules magic number the module won't load into apache.

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I'm trying to track down an older version of Apache with OpenSSL 1.0.1e or 1.0.1f compiled with VC9 for educational purposes. Is there any chance you still have one of these in the database? If so, I'd be most appreciative if you could post (or email) a download link.

mario

There are still VC9 Download https://www.apachehaus.com/cgi-bin/download.plx#APACHE24VC09 with OpenSSL 1.0.2

I send you a download url with an older version with 1.0.1