Forum Topics > News & General Discussion

How to find older file version?

(1/5) > >>

bartddgd:
Hi,

is there a way to list / download all available older Apache / modules versions?
I need to setup Apache-2.4 x86 VC9 + Subversion modules on Win2k3, but cannot find a Subversion module package for VC9.

Best regards,
Bernd

mario:
Hello Bernd,

even the extended support for Windows 2003 ended on 14.07.2015

I made the 1.8.11 available again for VC9. There will be no further updates with VC9 nor a 1.9.x or higher version.

Unless you used a proxy: Grüße nach Berlin

Cheers
Mario

bartddgd:
Thanks a lot! I know Win2k3 is no longer supported, but sometimes we have to live with what's available and no one provides support / resources to upgrade to a more modern system.

But, is there really no easy way to get a full listing of all the older Apache / module releases or do they get removed when a new version gets released?

Best regards,
Bernd

mario:

--- Quote from: bartddgd on November 24, 2015, 09:37:38 AM ---But, is there really no easy way to get a full listing of all the older Apache / module releases or do they get removed when a new version gets released?

--- End quote ---

Usually we disable the downloads in our database when a new version is released. Currently there is no switch to view all the old files. If you need an older version we can give you a redirect download link. However the old version have bugs or security breaches. All the other VC9 modules are still there. mod subversion is a bit different, since there is a need to compile it against so many libs especially OpenSSL. So it will not run with all the versions of OpenSSL. Also if the magic number in the apache code is higher than the modules magic number the module won't load into apache.

Here at ApacheHaus we often discussed going back to VC6 which runs on all Windows Versions from Win9x. The new 1.9.x versions of is incompatible to the VC6 tool chain. I had no luck compiling it with it. A second reason is that I do this in my spare time and I have no fun maintain different Windows versions with different Visual Studio versions. When ever I start the "old" Windows 7 with VC9 it takes a long time to do the Windows Updates, several reboots and then Update to the last version of VC9. On that point I need a second evening for the build... Now with one Windows Version and VC11 it takes one hour to build the stuff. Then testing on different VMs and uploading.

if you are willing to I show you how to compile mod svn on your own. But be warned, first you need a full build tree of apache itself to compile against. I'm happy that Gregg offers that for me. So we share the work.

bartddgd:
Thanks for your explanations. I was just curious. For the moment I have everything I need and the Apache / Subversion server is already running.

Best regards,
Bernd

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 
Go to full version