ApacheHaus Builds and Windows 10

Started by mario, October 07, 2014, 11:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mario

I just have tested our VC11 builds on Windows 10 and they work :)

Gregg

I assumed the VC11 would be ok, I am assuming the VC9 will even run, without the need of installing the redistributable. I would even bet that VC6 would run, but I might lose that bet  :)

Gregg

I should have added, being a "Technical Preview" it is an Alpha with pretty words instead. If it doesn't run now it most likely will by the final, or first service pack.

I see the power of the dollar and customer complaints have worked for the first time in M$ history, the start menu is back. I wonder how much that was ripped out of 8/8.1 is back. Of course, these things will be "New Features" even though most had been around since Windows 95 or 3/3.11.

For once it actually looks like this OS is "more productive" as they say for every release, at least compared to Win8x and people with very short memories. I got a empty partition on the guinea pig and everything else is backed up or imaged, maybe I'll give 10 a look.

Gregg

Did you happen to read that EULA? Scary!

One thing I really do not like about 8x/10 is the having to sign into a MS account to download the software that used to be on the thing in the first place, and then have to be signed in to use it. I did not read the EULA (as most don't) for 8.1, if it is as scary as the one for this technical preview, it's not a good sign of things to come. It should not be allowed.

mario

Yes the EULA is very scarrrrrry. Well you can download it also without an MS account.
However the "user tracking" in the OS itself and sending these data is much more horror.

mario

Quote from: Gregg on October 07, 2014, 06:39:11 PM
I assumed the VC11 would be ok, I am assuming the VC9 will even run, without the need of installing the redistributable. I would even bet that VC6 would run, but I might lose that bet  :)

I had to install the VC9 and VC11 runtimes...

Only VC6 ran without anything :D I wonder why they still use THAT compiler for Windows. Must be some good reason. Or they use a quiet different one.