Apache 2.2 EOL more os less?

Started by mario, June 21, 2013, 05:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mario

Since there is a final tag to 2.2 and only security patches are submited it a kinda EOL in my eyes. At least 2.0 is dead  :)

Gregg

Well, 2.0.65 was going to be tagged today and was going to be announced EOL in a year (which seems quite long to me). 2.2.25 was going to be tagged today as well but I do not see it being EOL anytime soon. There has not been a big migration to 2.4 on the Unix side, mainly because of mod_perl. I think 2.2 is safe for a couple years yet but you just never know!

perindu

i hope it still maintain for few year  ::)

Been pain to upgrade as lately the development is so fast :(
also with php 5.4 and now 5.5 .. *duhs*

I still use 2.0.65 in my old xp machine as :)

and use 2.2.x in my win32 production server ...

mario

What is your reason still to use 2.2?

Gregg

It's now 9 months since the first post of this thread and I still don't see 2.2 being EOL'd anytime soon. Sure it will not get any new features but it will receive security and bug fixes which is about all I expect from 2.4 now too. New features and toys are for new version like 2.6 whenever that rolls around. At that time 2.2 might get put on the closet shelf.

Gregg

Ah, I forgot to also put it on Apache Haus' Front Page, that might explain things. I usually do that one and the one in this forum at the same time, not sure what happened. Thanks for pointing that out to us  :)