Adding a new trick to an old dog

Started by Gregg, January 09, 2011, 02:29:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg

@Dev,

Yes, I know why it's happening, the only thing I've done recently is fix the 5xx seconds. I should do, and most likely will do something about the rest of it this weekend.

@Sob, I compiled 1.4.7b9 a couple weeks ago, it was somewhat a nightmare. That first array declaration in geoipcity.c I think really made the compiler scream. For some reason it just refuses to add THAT_CONST to 4, but since that const = 6, temp_array[10] worked fine. The rest was easy.

Hmmm, so there's more there, then the region file should have more. The timezone requires country + region name to work or it spills out the (none), which is what DateTime in perl barfs on. I cannot understand why the author of it chose die if it's not correct, either return nothing or a warning, anything but die.

Gregg

Interestingly, this is not the case.

They ripped 13k worth out of regionName but added 32k to timeZone, this might be interesting to try.

Sob

Quote from: Gregg on January 14, 2011, 07:29:26 PMThat first array declaration in geoipcity.c I think really made the compiler scream.

I'm no expert, but it seems that C does not like const as array size. C++ has no objections against it. But adding /TP parameter to cl.exe (to force C++ mode) produce errors in other files (headers) that probably don't like to be compiled as C++.
I'm not sure how it's with other compilers (GeoIP is clearly not developed primarily using MSVC :) ). This kind of declaration may even be "variable length array", the new feature of C99 standard. And don't look for those in MSVC. :(

Seeriolojen

Hey guys

Say I have a number in the database e.g. 5

I have a variable in PHP thats 4.. I want to add that to the 5 in the database and make it 9...

Ratehr than getting the current number in the database, handling it with PHP, then putting the new one in..

Is there a way?

Thanks in advance

crE