How to store SSLSessionCache in Redis on Windows?

Started by jimski, August 23, 2016, 07:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg

Awesome write up, sorry I did not think it was yours.
I think that should be a separate post on it's own in the security section of this and AL's forum.

I'll let you have a week with this module,  you should know by then if any problems are seen.
My current changes are at https://github.com/diovoemor/mod_socache_redis

jimski

@ Greg,

I want to test your latest release but I don't see a compiled binary in your Github fork. Only source.

jimski

1. The latest version of mod_socache_redis-0.0.6-2.4 x64 VC14 woks fine. I tested whether Apache can connect to Redis, cache the SSL session and fall back if Redis is down.

2. The light production test of the previous version of mod_socache_redis was successful. However the test was limited only to making sure that the client can connect to the server via SSL and that the session is cached by Redis and that the fallback works if Redis is down.

3. In the next couple of weeks I will try to do a load and performance test but for that I will have to deploy Siege on Linux because Apache Bench is just inadequate. I will do the load test on three separate servers over 10Gb/s fiber. First server will run Apache on Windows, second server will run Redis on Windows, and the third will run Siege on Linux. This should give us some decent data.

mario