Upload file to excel

Started by JOSE, December 24, 2023, 07:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOSE

Greetings guys,

I am new to the forum, I have an application developed in Delphi and unigui,
I am distributing with XAMP, everything works perfectly.
With this application I load information to my database from an Excel file.

How do I do it?: I copy the file to be loaded from the client side to a folder (temp) that is within the root of my project, from there I consume the Excel file (I have office installed on the server), with XAMP everything It works like a charm.
My problem is that for several reasons I have to work with apachehous (for Windows), I configure it and my entire application works perfectly except for loading the file in Excel, this gives me the following error.

Microsoft Excel cannot access the file 'C:\ApacheSigecob\App\temp\template load and update cases.xlsx'. There may be several reasons:
 • The file name or path does not exist.
 • Another program is using the file
 • The workbook you are trying to save has the same name as another workbook that is currently open

I think it must be some adjustment to the httpd.conf file since I remind you that with XAMP everything works perfectly.

Note: My language is Spanish, this text is translated with Google Translate, I don't know if it is mandatory to ask in English.

I hope I have explained myself well,
I also hope that someone can help me, this is urgent for me.

mario

Hi Jose.
do you "upload" the file or do you copy the file into an apache directory? Is xampp running locally on the client or on a other computer / server?

If xampp / apache is running on a other server you have to have a script or maybe webdav to receive the file on the apache side.